Monday, July 8, 2024

2024 Audiobook Challenge Mid-Year Check-in

 


In January I committed to the 2024 Audiobook Challenge run by Caffeinated Reviewer and That's What I'm Talking About! The discussion levels were:

  • Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5 
  • Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
  • Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
  • Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
  • Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
  • My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
  • Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
  • Over-Achiever (Power Listener) 75+
  • The 100 Club (Audiobook Addict) 100+
  • I Can’t Hear You (earbuds always in) 125-150
  • Audibly Addicted (listening to all the books 24/7) 150+
My goal is to end the year a Stenographer finishing 10-15 titles! So far, I've listened to seven titles. Here's what we've got!

A box with a black border and in the bottom left hand corner a graphic of a woman with headphones on, reading a book, leaning against a stack of books. In the box are seven book covers in cell phones (as if someone were listening to an audio book). The books are The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi Simon Sort of Says by Erin Bow The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune White Smoke by Tiffany D. Jackson  Before I Let Go by Kennedy Ryan Me (Moth) by Amber McBride The Maid by Nita Prose


4 comments:

  1. You have listened to some great titles! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to listen to one book a week. I enjoy listening while doing chores and whatnot. I did listen to The Maid which I loved, but I read Moth which was amazing. Good luck hitting your goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Normally I try to read books that are in verse but when I saw that the author read the audiobook, I though it would be an interesting experience, hearing the book directly from the mouth of the creator! I would love to get to listening to one book a week, but sometimes I'm really locked into my podcasts, but after this post, I'm back on my audio binge!!

      Delete